Sunday, April 24, 2011

Microchip PIC Programmer

The PIC mania caught up with me somewhere in 2004, though buying/building a programmer kept me off from the real action all the years. Finally it took some real motivation drive and made my first programmer - the JDM Programmer - Multi PIC Programmer - from Feng. It had its Pros and Cons but i was able to do some real projects using this one. Though it worked only with my Office Dell laptop COM port.
I was forced to make a USB based programmer when my Office decided to refresh my Laptop with a new one that does not have a com port. Plunged into making PK2 Lite from blueroomelectronics. Why did i choose this one? Mainly because it was simple to make.
The programmer was assembled in a 8x28 generic board, and it is packed brim. At one point I thought it needs to be ripped apart and go with a bigger board. But it turned out to be a cute little programmer in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment